Guest Contributor Johny and His Cocoa Minty Avocado Truffles.

        This month's guest contributor is my friend Johny and he has a recipe for some delicious Cocoa Minty Avocado Truffles. Let me turn things over to him and he will tell you all about himself and the Cocoa Minty Avocado Truffles...




Hello my name is Johny Powell and I have lived in Portland since 2002. I play saxophone in 5 different bands and I am going to school to be a massage therapist. I get super excited about healthy foods that make me feel good. I feel like what we eat makes us who we are and I love to make food creations to share with my friends. I created these Cocoa Minty Avocado Truffles the other day and they were a big hit with my friends plus Elle loved them and asked me to be her blog post contributor for the month of December and to share this recipe with all of you. 



 Ingredients:

One Large or Medium Avocado
Maple Syrup and Honey to Taste
Peppermint Flavor - Around 3 capfulls (Make Sure That It Is Safe For Human Consumption and Not Fragrance Oil and/or Essential Oil)
Pinch of Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
Optional: Blue and Yellow Food Coloring - One Drop of Each

 Directions:

Start with an avocado and mash it up in a bowl, then add in some maple syrup and honey until it's sweet as you like, next add in the blue and yellow food coloring if you would like and then add in a drop or two of the peppermint flavoring and then mix in a pinch of the sea salt.

 Put the ingredients in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until it gets cold and firm but not solid then take the ingredients out and mix in two tablespoons of coconut flour into the mixture to help to make it a little bit thicker so you can then roll them into balls. Then take a small amount of the cocoa powder into the palm of your hand. Then roll the minty avocado ball mixture into the cocoa powder. 

 Keep them in the freezer until your ready to eat your minty holiday treats. One large avocado makes about 20 truffles and a medium avocado makes about 10 truffles.

 Enjoy!



Comments