Introducing Guest Contributor Dave Wheitner! He Has Some Sensual Chocolate Deliciousness to share.

Howdy gang, I hope you have all been doing dandy. The moment has arrived just like I promised, to reveal my next guest contributor! So, who is ready for some chocolate??? Because I have a delicious chocolate recipe to share with you all from my pal Dave Wheitner, this recipe is straight out of his Vegan Chocolate Seduction Cookbook, I just so happen to have my own copy of this cookbook and I am currently plotting my next seductive chocolate adventure! I really love all of Dave's sweet yet seductive suggestions and anecdotes in the book that goes along each recipe. Plus with Halloween just around the corner you can spice up your holiday with some tasty chocolate treats. Now let's turn it over to Dave so he can let you know a little bit about himself and he can deliver the goods of delicious vegan chocolaty goodness in the form of Chai Me Up Chocolate Brownies!:


Hi! My name is Dave Wheitner. I’m a life, career, and transition coach for high-potential people. I welcome phone-based clients from around the world. I’ve authored two cookbooks and several self-help books, the most recent covering a controversial and often-misunderstood sexuality topic.

You can reach me and learn more about my other work through http://www.davewheitner.com.

Today I share with you one of my favorite recipes from The Vegan Chocolate Seduction Cookbook: 30 Romantic, Sexy, Playful Recipes for Passionate Chocolate Lovers. I’ve taken these treats to several social events, and each time they’ve completely disappeared. While great for any time of the year, the warm spices make them especially well-suited for fall.

Like other recipes in the book, it includes a suggested romantic activity to enjoy alongside the dessert. Like most of the other recipes in the book, it’s also gluten-free.

A philosophical note: I think that humans and the world can benefit greatly from a significant collective decrease in animal product consumption. I want my vegan cookbooks to support people in doing that. However, I don’t view veganism as an all-or-nothing thing. I’m “mostly plant-based” and aim for 90 percent rather than 100 percent. I appreciate that each person needs to figure out what works best for them.

Also, I believe that our complex relationship with sexuality and sensuality, such as seeing these parts of human nature as evil or shameful, contributes to some of the societal problems we face today. Therefore, I encourage people to embrace these parts of themselves, in a way that helps them to feel more connected and alive. That’s one reason I think this blog is so groovy!




Chocolate Chai Me Up Brownies (vegan and gluten-free)

Makes one 9 x 13-inch pan

What happens when gingerbread meets chocolate chip cookie, brownie, and a bit more spice? Yum! These treats will wrap your tongue up with warm deliciousness, and won't let you down. These have a slightly lighter, more crumbly, and less chewy texture than traditional wheat flour brownies.

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 1/2 cups white or brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (see note)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground clove
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive, canola, or other vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses (blackstrap if available)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips or chocolate chunks

Protocol:
           
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine the warm water and flaxseed in a large bowl, and whisk for 10 to 15 seconds. Set aside to thicken.

Combine the rice flour, tapioca flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, ground cardamom, nutmeg, and clove in a medium bowl and stir until evenly blended. Set aside.

Add the oil, sugar, molasses, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the flaxseed mixture in the large bowl and stir until well blended. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon or pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch cake pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, and allow to cool. Cut into 2 x 2-inch squares and enjoy.

Note:

If you have a coffee bean or spice grinder, try freshly ground cardamom seed.

Seductive Activity Idea:

After dinner, gently whisper into your love muffin's ear, asking if you can tie them up and slowly feed them brownie pieces before having your way with them. Or, ask if they'll do that to you, depending upon your preferences.

Bonus Seductive Activity Idea (borrowed from Curry Up and Kiss Me Squares, in the same cookbook)


Sit directly across from your tiki turtle on a couch or loveseat, or at the table. Take turns eating pieces of dessert in the sexiest, most seductive way possible. Use your mouth, eyes, voice, and body to express your enthusiasm. Whoever looks the sexiest gets to kiss the other person.



Comments