Just A Note About Processed Foods

I just want to mention that I do on a very rare occasion include some processed foods or prepackaged foods in my cooking. These items include sugar free preserves in a jar, Chebe brand bread that is gluten free and is a box mix, canned beans (I usually get dried beans and soak them over night but sometimes I will get beans in a can in order to save some time on cooking, if I know I will be pressed for time on cooking that day), salsa (except in the summer when I have fresh ingredients from the garden to make salsa) tomato paste in a can and there is one brand of hot dogs and one brand of sausage that are both nitrate free that I eat on a rare occasion also. 

I do make sure that everything that I eat that comes prepackaged has no refined sugars, no refined salt, no preservatives, no artificial sugars or flavors, no dyes, no MSG and are usually found in the health food section of the grocery store. I make sure that I can pronounce all the ingredients in the ingredient list and all of the ingredients are actually recognized as a food item and not a chemical plus I make sure that the ingredient list is as short as possible. The reason why I do sometimes get foods that are prepackaged is so that I am not a slave to my dietary needs and a slave to the kitchen (because I do have extensive dietary needs) these few items do save some time and since I allow myself to have relatively a few healthy prepackaged foods on a rare occasion it helps me to not get burned out on cooking all of the time because trust me for a couple years I cooked with  zero prepackaged foods at all and after a while it feels way to constricting. 

Also I change my wording in my introduction from "I cut out all processed foods" to "I cut out almost all processed foods" and as soon as I can remember how to get back into the "about me" section here on blogger I will change the wording there also. I will also mention that nobody pointed this out to me or anything like that but every so often I will look at my blogs with the eyes of a reader rather than the writer (so basically I pretend I am a random reader looking over my blog and I make a mental note of what stands out and needs to be changed).

Lady L

Comments