Introducing Guest Contributor Marley Jamason! She Has a Mega Healthy & Delicious Recipe to Share.

Welcome back to my sensual food blog everyone! Also just like I promised in my last post I have a guest contributor for today, her name is Marley Jamason. Marley and I found each other through a group we both belong to on social media and we have been communicating off and on for several months now, shortly after meeting one another we both realized that we have similar food restrictions. I asked Marley to be a guest contributor after seeing her post a photo of this beautiful dish one day on her social media page and it is a virtual feast for the eyes and the taste buds plus I will also add that I have been very impressed with Marley’s knowledge of health and nutrition.



So now let me turn it over to Marley:

Hi! My name Marley Jamason, I am a Multi-Faceted Intuitive Wellness practitioner. I healed from a severe chronic illness that comprised of pain, fatigue, and depression (nutrition, holistic modalities, and empowering mindset are key!) and I now wish to help others achieve their wellness goals. I specialize in providing 100% personalized sessions for my clients by combining Reiki, Intuitive Insight, and Compassionate Coaching. I also offer Akashic Records readings for those who want deep soul-level insight and healing.

Here is how you can reach me:

Today I am sharing one of my absolute favorite breakfast recipes! This recipe is a delightfully sweet breakfast, without added sugar. This dish is filling and will help you start your day off with a sustainable boost of energy!

This recipe features butternut squash, which is jam-packed with nutritional benefits, including carotenoids (heart and eye health, protect against breast cancer, etc.) and vitamins A, E, K, B-complex, potassium, magnesium, and so many others (help with immunity and nervous system well-being). Butternut squash can ease inflammation (may help decrease asthma and fibromyalgia symptoms).



I love to add an apple into the mix because it sweetens it just a bit. Apples are especially great because they feature anti-inflammatory properties that can contribute to pain. Apples can also help keep things "flowing" smoothly in the intestines!

Adding a small amount of walnuts, which are a healthy fat source (omega-3 fatty acid!), helps our bodies absorb the nutrients more readily!

Then topping the squash with berries adds a powerful bunch of healing antioxidants to the mix!



This recipe truly is a winner! I hope you enjoy it! (And in case you don't have butternut squash or don't want to go through the steps of cooking the squash, I have provided an alternative recipe featuring sweet potatoes!)

Butternut Berry Breakfast Recipe

Inspired by a Dr. Fuhrman recipe

Ingredients:
●          1 butternut squash, cubed (or about 20oz. Pre-chopped butternut squash)
●          1 apple, sliced
●          1 tsp cinnamon
●          ½ tsp nutmeg
●          ½ c berries or pomegranate seeds
●          Handful of walnuts (optional: roasted)

Protocol:
1.         Steam the butternut squash and apple until soft.
2.         If you wish to roast the walnuts, put them on a baking pan and bake in oven at 400F for 5 minutes
3.         Lightly blend butternut squash and apple in blender. Some texture is good, so no need to puree it.
4.         Add cinnamon, nutmeg, berries, and walnuts.
5.         Enjoy!

Alternative recipe using sweet potato:

Sweet Potato Berry Breakfast

Ingredients:
●          1 large sweet potato (or a few small ones)
●          ½ tsp cinnamon
●          ½ tsp nutmeg
●          ½ c berries or pomegranate seeds
●          Handful of walnuts (optional: roasted)

Protocol:
1.         Bake sweet potato (400F on baking sheet in oven for 50-60 minutes) or microwave until fully cooked (several minutes at least).
a.         Be sure to poke holes in the sweet potato before cooking it!
2.         If you wish to roast the walnuts, put them on a baking pan and bake in oven at 400F for 5 minutes
3.         Cut open the baked sweet potato, add cinnamon, nutmeg, berries, and walnuts
4.         Enjoy!



Info Sources:
Dr. Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live"

*Note from Lady L - I tried this recipe with the sweet potatoes after cooking the sweet potatoes I added a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on top plus I added a couple of tablespoons of coconut palm sugar and steamed apple chunks to the berries and walnut mixture (one of the reasons why I added the palm sugar is because I had a blackberry and raspberry combination so I needed to counter balance a little bit of the tartness of the berries). I do have to say that this recipe is sensually delicious and perfect for the Passionate Foods for Sensual Souls Blog recipe collection! 

Until next time!

x

Lady L


Comments